6. Coal Crusher has been dictated to in his two runs again. That nullifies his energy: the flexibility to roll alongside at a clip earlier than quickening within the straight. The five-year-old was glorious first-up stalking the velocity in what became a dash residence. It was then an identical case at Rosehill, compelled to settle exterior of the chief earlier than he was grabbed on the road by 3. Bacchanalia. Assured he can flip the tables on that runner, assembly him 4kg higher off, mapping to seek out the entrance and getting onto a moist monitor for the primary time this marketing campaign. That simply takes the sprint out of his rivals chasing. The ultimate piece to the puzzle is the blinkers again on third-up. There’s intent to be learn into that. He’s prepared. No arguments that 1. Vilana is one of the best horse within the race. His report and ranking inform you that. He resumed final preparation with an excellent win the Silver Eagle. His two trials again have been glorious.
The right way to play it: Coal Crusher to win.
RACE 6 – 2.30PM: SHARP EXTENSIVE IT JRA PLATE (2000m)
2. Sunshine Rising solely has to carry his type to be within the end once more. The evergreen nine-year-old has positioned in all three of his runs this time again. Need to belief that type round Zeyrek by way of the Sky Excessive Stakes and Neville Sellwood. Might want to flip the tables on 4. Protagonist from two begins in the past however the margin was solely slender and Sunshine Rising was 4 weeks between runs getting in. Then throw into the combination that Sunshine Rising comes off a subsequent second, the place there was a spot to 3rd, whereas Protagonist has to bounce again from a gut-busting run within the Doncaster the place he did not deal with the testing going. The cherry on prime for Sunshine Rising is Nash Rawiller sticking and the prospect of parking simply in behind the velocity. No excuses. 15. High quality Time has had two tune-up runs in Melbourne forward of this. Was a giant winner third-up final preparation then went proper on with it.
The right way to play it: Sunshine Rising to win.
RACE 7 – 3.10PM: MOET & CHANDON CHAMPAGNE STAKES (1600m)
The one curiosity round this race is why 2. Militarize isn’t an odds-on probability in early betting. He annihilated his rivals within the Sires’ two weeks in the past. That was on the again of a forgettable Golden Slipper outing the place he was pulled out of the race having suffered interference from the fallen horse. Militarize was going additional away from his rivals on the finish of 1400m. His final 200m was two lengths sooner than the following greatest within the race. And that was the runner-up
1. Don Corleone, who occurs to be the second favorite on this. How does he flip the tables? Notably from the barrier he has drawn. The Sires’ has produced 17 of the previous 20 winners of the Champagne Stakes. 11. Pier Stress got here by way of a red-hot midweek race behind Kimochi and Kristilli to run third within the Sires’ at large odds. Have gotten little doubt that she’ll present it was no fluke.
The right way to play it: Militarize to win.
RACE 8 – 3.50PM: SCHWEPPES ALL AGED STAKES (1400m)
1. Zaaki missed the primary a part of the autumn carnival with coach Annabel Neasham sad with how the eight-year-old had come up. On the again of a current Randwick trial, that’s all modified. He’s again on monitor. Zaaki has resumed twice at Randwick over 1400m lately and gained each of these begins. Admittedly, neither have been in group1 firm towards rivals of tomorrow’s high quality, however his recent type over this monitor and journey isn’t the one factor he has in his favour. He additionally has tactical velocity, which ought to see him settle a good distance in entrance of his market hazard 12. Giga Kick, and a confirmed report of dealing with all floor. 3. Non-public Eye was flattened within the TJ Smith Stakes final begin simply as he was beginning to heat to his process, earlier than being eased out of the race. Ought to discover himself a lot nearer within the run from the low gate and the tempo of a 1400m race. He’s properly set as much as bounce again.
The right way to play it: Zaaki to win.
RACE 9 – 4.30PM: PETALUMA HANDICAP (1400m)
16. Cotehele on prime in a race with a dozen probabilities. The four-year-old will get in with simply 52kg after the declare and maps to get the beautiful run in transit simply in behind the velocity. Thought he trialled exceptionally properly at Randwick lately too, towing his jockey Reece Jones by way of the road. Jones sticks first-up. There are queries, nonetheless. The prospect of a moist monitor is a type of. He handles it however has proven to be more practical on prime of the bottom. Then there may be first-up over 1400m and whether or not he feels the pinch late. 3. Jojo Was A Man’s type means that he misfires second-up however that’s a bit of misleading. He loves Randwick and was nice first-up in a dash residence over 1200m. 10. Lackeen was plain within the Newcastle Stakes final begin. He has been freshened up since then with a Randwick trial behind Cotehele. The six-year-old was a third-up winner final preparation, maps to leap straight in behind the velocity and handles all going.
The right way to play it: Cotehele to win.
RACE 10 – 5.05PM: CATANACH’S JEWELLERS HANDICAP (1200m)
If 9. Democracy Manifest can maintain any sort of spot from his draw, he must be too sturdy late. That’s the gamble nonetheless as a result of he hasn’t been one of the best of novices previously. That was once more on show in his two trials forward of his return. What he has been, although, is an explosive recent horse. His first-up report reads 4:3-1-0. Moist or dry, the monitor situations gained’t hassle him both. Like the way in which he poked residence in a current Rosehill trial the place Joao Moreira received a really feel for the four-year-old. 3. The Face might be pushed out to carry the entrance from the low gate and stress pending from wider attracts, ought to give a sight. His Bacchanalia type reads properly for this, coming again in grade. Received’t need it too moist. Monitor how the monitor is taking part in up till this level. 13. Tremendous Useful charged to the road at Albury final begin. A moist monitor gained’t hassle him. Don’t underestimate at odds.
The right way to play it: Democracy Manifest to win.
Equipped by Racing NSW
Full type and race replays obtainable at racingnsw.com.au