The KGRR, organizers of the Hakone Ekiden, have introduced that the occasion’s World Athletics Heritage Plaque awarded at a ceremony at Could’s a hundred and first Kanto Area College Observe and Area Championships will probably be on everlasting show on the Hakone Ekiden Museum in Kanagawa together with a reproduction of the statue on the the Hakone Ekiden begin and end level in Otemachi, Tokyo. The gadgets are to be delivered to the museum on June 27, after which they are going to be included into its displays and opened for public viewing.
- Metropolis – Awarded to places which have hosted a number of vital worldwide competitions.
- Competitions – Awarded to key international occasions with an extended historical past.
- Legends – Awarded to athletes, coaches and officers.
- Landmarks – Awarded to stadiums and different historic amenities.
- Tradition – Awarded to publications, movies, and different media.
Japan has acquired six Heritage Plaques so far recognizing:
- Chuhei Nanbu – The one athlete in historical past to have held the world report in each the lengthy bounce and triple bounce.
- Hakone Ekiden – Japan’s premier street race, a street relay with virtually 100 years of historical past.
- Yoshio Koide – Coach of Naoko Takahashi, the primary lady to interrupt 2:20 within the marathon and Japan’s first Olympic marathon gold medalist.
- Rikujo Kyogi Journal – Japan’s most historic athletics specialty print publication.
- Fukuoka Worldwide Marathon – Japan’s most prestigious marathon.
- Miko Oda – Japan’s first Olympic gold medalist, winner of the boys’s triple bounce on the 1928 Amsterdam Olympics
translated by Brett Larner