Wish to keep longer? Take the ferry throughout from Urangan Harbour in Hervey Bay, to the eco-friendly Kingfisher Bay Resort to discover this superb island. There’s a ton of issues to do on Fraser Island beginning with floating in crystal clear rock swimming pools, swim in Lake McKenzie and recognizing dingoes within the wild in addition to photographing the Maheno Shipwreck. It’s merely magical.
As a surprising coral cay in Queensland’s Nice Barrier Reef, Heron Island is world well-known for its coral reef and a sanctuary for a unprecedented number of marine life.
Heron Island is a pure coral cay throughout the Nice Barrier Reef and is without doubt one of the few locations which you can swim with turtles year-round.
From late October to early March, endangered Loggerhead sea turtles return to nest within the dunes. Then from December to April, the hatchlings start to emerge from their nests to begin their circle of life. It’s a beautiful sight to see.
The traditional Pisonia Forest on the island is a sanctuary for marine birds and close by, the crystal-clear waters teem with vibrant fish, turtles, rays, reef sharks and extra. Take a guided nature stroll, a star-gazing tour, or just benefit from the views of the coral reef. A superb alternative for marine fanatics to go diving inside minutes of the jetty.
Catch a 2.5 hour boat trip or take the seaplane from Gladstone to Heron Island.
Select your lodging in Gladstone.
Day 7: Eungella Nationwide Park
Driving north from Brisbane to Cairns presents loads of decisions. Go to the Eungella Nationwide Park, one in every of Queensland’s most ecologically numerous parks.
Inland from Mackay, excessive above the sugar can fields, this mist-shrouded mountain is dwelling to many sorts of wildlife… and fairly a couple of comfortable campers!
Comply with the strolling tracks and luxuriate in spectacular views down the Pioneer Valley, together with rainforest gullies and river swimming pools. Get pleasure from a picnic at Damaged River after which wander alongside the banks watching the platypus within the gently-flowing water.
The spotlight of your journey might be discovering a platypus! Eungella is without doubt one of the few locations the place you may see these elusive, cute creatures with their duck payments, webbed ft and glossy fur coats.
Camp in a single day in a tranquil riverside tenting space or verify into one of many low price cabins at Damaged River Mountain Resort. It’s a spot to benefit from the peace and quiet of the rainforest, benefit from the birds and take in the solitude.
Day 8: Cape Hillsborough
Cape Hillsborough Nationwide Park is an absolute ‘must-do’ when driving from Brisbane to Cairns.
Simply 50km north of Mackay, this nationwide park is most well-known for it’s kangaroos that come to the seashore at daybreak. Each morning because the solar rises over the horizon, kangaroos and wallabies come all the way down to the seashore to feast on the mangrove seed pods washed up by the tide. It’s a spectacular sight to see and in the event you’re fortunate, makes for fabulous images.
Cape Hillsborough Nature Vacationer Park is the place to remain so when you’ve got a caravan, camper or tent you’ll slot in properly – or give them a name to see if they’ve any cabins obtainable.
Days 9 – 13: Airlie Seashore and the Whitsundays
Airlie Seashore is gateway to the Whitsunday Islands. There are many enjoyable issues to do in Airlie Seashore.
Loosen up on the Lagoon and benefit from the idyllic views of a few of Australia’s most well-known islands earlier than you head out to the Whitsundays!
Driving from Brisbane to Cairns wouldn’t be full with out a few days absorbing the sunshine in probably the most superb locations world-wide. Ebook your self on a final minute deal for a Whitsunday crusing journey and put together to have the time of your life!
From snorkelling and diving these tropical waters, to visiting a few of the world’s greatest seashores, taking a 2 day crusing journey within the Whitsundays is sure to be an expertise you received’t overlook!
Day 14 – 15: Townsville & Magnetic Island
The most important metropolis in tropical north Queensland, Townville is certainly price a look-in in the event you’re driving from Brisbane to Cairns.
One of the crucial unimaginable hostels I’ve ever stayed in is in Townsville. Ebook your self in for an evening no less than at Rambutan Resort or really feel like poshing it up just a little? Maybe a few nights on the Resort Grand Chancellor will do the trick.
Townsville is loaded with free issues to take action take observe that the Friday night time markets on the Strand had been a favourite. For some nice Mexican meals – attempt Cactus Jacks! An extended-time favorite of mine!
For one thing totally different, day journey to Magnetic Island. Take the passenger ferry over to the island and spend the day exploring.
One of the simplest ways to discover Maggie Island is to lease a automotive on the island and head off across the seashores. Again within the day Mini Moke’s had been the fashion however they’re changing into tougher to search out these days.
Take a look at the Forts Stroll, spot koalas within the wild, snorkel Florence and Radical Bays earlier than heading over to West Level for probably the most beautiful sunsets on the east coast!
Day 16: Mission Seashore
Yea! You’ve hit the tropics. Mission Seashore is near my coronary heart as my kin settled there when it was nothing however a retailer on the beachfront. A few of them are nonetheless there so I cease in every time I move by.
Doubtless, Mission has one of many greatest seashores in Queensland … and loads of nice cafes to go to too. There’s nothing fairly so tranquil as sitting on the grass, trying throughout the water to Dunk Island.
Should you’re feeling extra lively, then why not hop on a kayak tour to Dunk Island, or attempt a spot of snorkelling across the heads as an alternative. Does that persuade you to cease in at Mission Seashore in the event you’re driving from Brisbane to Cairns?
Day 17 – 21: Cairns in Far North Queensland
You’ve arrived! After 21 days of driving from Brisbane to Cairns, your journey hasn’t completed but! Cairns is a bustling tropical metropolis with a lot to see and accomplish that leap in and have the time of your life. These are a few of the day journeys which are obtainable.
The Esplanade is a good place to hang around in the event you really feel like lazing round within the balmy evenings. There are some fabulous eating places on the waterfront like The Uncooked Prawn and Tha Fish which are price stepping out for in the event you love seafood.
- Fitzroy Island – This present day journey to Fitzroy Island is a enjoyable day. Go snorkelling on the encompassing coral reef and take in the sunshine.
- Tully White Water Rafting – White Water Rafting on the Tully River is the right day journey for an excessive adrenalin rush.
- Kuranda Railway and Sky-Rail – Take the outdated railway as much as Kuranda and again. Discover the Kuranda Butterfly Home, the Kuranda Markets and do some sight-seeing.
- Daintree Rainforest – Marvel on the heritage-listed Daintree rainforest, study in regards to the uncommon wildlife and species of vegetation which were right here from historical occasions.
- Port Douglas – There are a lot of factors if you’re driving from Brisbane to Cairns the place you may take a day journey to the islands and snorkel on the Nice Barrier Reef, however Port Douglas is one with a ton of choices.
- Low Isles – Do the cruise to Low Isles. The Nice Barrier Reef stretches alongside the coast, operating parallel to the Queensland shoreline. It’s the most effective locations to snorkel and swim round this coral cay in idyllic circumstances.
No matter you select to do, will probably be the right ending to your street journey of a lifetime!
5 Important Objects for travelling all through Queensland
- Good Digicam – For travelling all through Australia I like to recommend the Sony a6000 Mirrorless Digicam Bundle – Gentle & compact and takes nice pictures! Many of the pictures on AussieMob.com are taken with my Sony!
- Comfortable Strolling Sneakers – There might be numerous strolling to be executed all through Queensland! Be certain your ft are comfy – attempt these New Stability Girls’s Coach. I really like mine!
- Loney Planet Guidebook – At the same time as an Aussie, I’m a fan of the Lonely Planet Guidebooks and depend on the Australian version. Take one with you!
- Good Water Bottle – Preserve hydrated! Travelling within the tropics may be thirsty work, so ensure you have a Yeti Drink Bottle and refill as you go. Faucet water is drinkable in all places!
- Good Solar Hat – You’ll want solar hat when travelling in Australia. This Oz Sensible Vast Brim Solar Hat seems to be fashionable and is good for preserving you cool.
Driving from Brisbane to Cairns? Pin this!
Driving from Brisbane to Cairns will present you a few of the greatest shoreline on this nice state!
In order that’s my 21 day itinerary when driving from Brisbane to Cairns. Have you ever made this epic street journey earlier than? Share your ideas with us within the feedback!