Complete wheat flour is a flexible ingredient. The proof of the pudding lies in the truth that it may be used to make dishes, starting from savory/salty to candy. Similar to this Atta Laddu or Atta Ladoo, which is made with entire wheat flour and simply 2 extra components. These scrumptious Wheat Ladoo recipe is simple and will get made shortly. Fairly the change that you simply typically want out of your different common Ladoo.
About Wheat Ladoo
There are some recipes that you simply be taught whereas rising up and a few later in life. Although, this Atta Ladoo recipe falls within the latter class, it has grown on me like none different. I can simply say that this Atta Laddu is considered one of my most most well-liked ones now.
I learnt to make Atta Ke Laddu from my mother-in-law. This candy is primarily a Punjabi/North Indian specialty. Thus, is a winter favourite. Going by the identical pattern, my mother-in-law would additionally make 1 to 2 kgs of those yummy ladoo for the entire household.
In the course of the numbing chilly months in North India, the warmth from shaping the new ladoo combination, was once warming and comforting to the fingers. Therefore, it was a yearly ritual within the very Punjabi family, each winter season.
Although Maharashtra and close by areas should not that chilly, I nonetheless make the country Atta Ke Laddu at residence. Ladoo made with flours are simpler to make at residence. And so had been these Atta Laddu. These filling ladoo made with simply atta, sugar and ghee should not solely good throughout winters, but additionally appropriate in monsoons.
Atta Laddu makes for an superior snack for teenagers and adults alike. It’s also apt for festive events, the place the recipe may be doubled or tripled with the intention to make an enormous batch. The one tiring and time taking factor can be to roast the entire wheat flour in a large amount.
Take into account that these laddu are made with ‘atta’ which is entire wheat flour that’s used to make Indian flatbreads like roti, chapati and paratha. Atta is finely floor entire wheat flour constituted of delicate to medium laborious wheat grains. Not like the entire wheat flour (out there exterior India) milled in metallic rollers, atta is generally stone milled.
This recipe works with atta and I believe also needs to work with the entire wheat flour that’s made and bought exterior India.
The best way to make Atta Laddu
1. Take ⅓ cup sugar in a dry grinder or a small blender.
2. Grind to a positive powder and hold apart.
Roast Complete Wheat Flour
3. Take 1 cup entire wheat flour (atta) in a kadai or a broad thick bottomed pan.
4. Preserve the pan on a low to medium-low warmth or sim and start to roast the entire wheat flour.
5. Stir constantly and continuous whereas roasting the flour so that there’s even roasting and browning.
6. Roast until the colour adjustments and also you get a nutty aroma from the entire wheat flour. About 7 to 10 minutes on low warmth.
Timing will fluctuate with the fabric, measurement and thickness of the pan. I used a metal kadai with no thick bottomed base. Thus, it took me 7 minutes to roast the flour.
Make Atta Ladoo
7. Then, add ⅓ cup ghee within the flour.
8. Start to combine very effectively.
9. Carry on stirring and roasting this combination for 3 to five minutes extra. Once more, right here the timing will fluctuate with the fabric, measurement and thickness of the pan.
It took me 4 minutes to get the roasting performed at this step, because of the metal kadai I used.
10. Test the style of the entire wheat flour, it ought to really feel cooked. There needs to be no rawness.
11. Change off the warmth, take away the pan from stovetop and place it on the kitchen countertop. Add the powdered sugar.
12. Add 1 tablespoon raisins and blend effectively with a spoon or spatula.
13. Break the sugar lumps, if any, within the combination with the spatula or spoon.
14. The sugar must be combined totally within the flour-ghee combination.
15. When the combination remains to be scorching and the warmth is tolerable, take a heaped portion of it in a spoon.
16. Use this portion to form right into a ladoo or small to medium-sized spherical ball. If the warmth will not be tolerable, then look forward to some minutes. Don’t burn your fingers.
17. Equally, make medium measurement ladoo from the remaining combination.
In case, you aren’t capable of kind neat spherical balls and combination is crumbling, then add just a few extra tablespoons of heat ghee. Combine effectively after which proceed to make the spherical balls.
18. As soon as performed, retailer them in an air-tight field or jar. These keep good for a month in winters. However in scorching climate, you’ll must refrigerate them. Serve Atta Laddu as a candy snack.
Extra With Atta
On the subject of a multipurpose use, entire wheat flour or atta stands true to it. As an illustration, most our common Indian flatbreads like paratha, chapati, roti or phulka are atta primarily based. Together with these, there are a lot of different recipes which characteristic it as an integral half.
And never simply salty or savory, the various listing of candy dishes or desserts that may be made with atta is kind of spectacular too. One instance is that this Atta Laddu and the very satisfying candy of Atta Halwa, which is loaded with cashews too.
These are among the different candy recipes with entire wheat flour that I usually make at residence – Atta Cake, Panjiri (a standard Punjabi grainy-textured candy dish, additionally a typical providing in Krishna Janmashtami bhog) and Kada Prashad (the quintessential velvety, wealthy halwa served in Gurudwaras all around the world).
- At residence, I normally use ‘khand’ or ‘khandsari,’ which is Indian uncooked sugar for ladoo. When utilizing uncooked sugar, I powder it first after which add to the ladoo. Although, you may even make them with common powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar.
- Raisins is my selection of dry fruit which works on this Wheat Ladoo. You can even use almonds. When utilizing these, first roast them individually, then chop and add.
- Additional flavorings like cardamom powder, and so on. will not be required in Wheat Laddu. The nutty aroma of the roasted entire wheat flour is sufficient to make it completely pleasant.
- Whereas rising the portions, add extra ghee if wanted.
Please be sure you fee this recipe within the recipe card beneath in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Signal Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Fb, Pinterest or Twitter.
Atta Laddu | Wheat Ladoo
These wheat ladoo make for a superb candy snack for teenagers in addition to for the entire household. Simple and fast to organize scrumptious ladoo made with entire wheat flour, sugar and ghee.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time 10 minutes
Complete Time 15 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Roasting Complete Wheat Flour
Take entire wheat flour in a kadai or a thick bottomed broad pan.
Preserve the pan on a low to medium-low warmth or sim and start to roast the entire wheat flour.
You need to stir continuous and sometimes whereas roasting the flour so that there’s even roasting and browning.
- Roast until the colour adjustments and also you get nutty aroma from the atta (entire wheat flour). About 7 to 10 minutes on a low to medium-low warmth. Timing will fluctuate with the fabric, measurement and thickness of the pan.
Then add ghee within the flour.
Start to combine very effectively.
- Carry on stirring and roasting this combination for 3 to five minutes extra. Once more right here timing will fluctuate with the fabric, measurement and thickness of the pan.
Do examine the style of the entire wheat flour and it ought to really feel cooked. There needs to be no rawness within the style.
Making atta laddu
Change off the warmth. Preserve the pan on the kitchen countertop and add the powdered sugar.
Add raisins and blend very totally with a spoon or spatula.
Break the sugar lumps if any within the ladoo combination. The ladoo combination must be combined very effectively.
When the combination remains to be scorching and the warmth is tolerable to you, take a heaped measurement portion of it in a spoon.
Use this portion to form in to ladoo. The warmth needs to be tolerable. If the warmth will not be tolerable, then look forward to some minutes. Do not burn your fingers.
Make small to medium-sized balls from this entire combination.
In case, you aren’t capable of kind ladoo, then add just a few teaspoons extra of the nice and cozy ghee. Combine effectively after which proceed to form the ladoo.
As soon as performed, retailer them in an air-tight field or jar. Within the chilly months, these keep good for a month. However in scorching climate, do refrigerate.
Serve atta laddu as wanted.
- If the combination crumbles whereas shaping, add just a few tablespoons of heat ghee. Combine and start shaping once more.
- This recipe may be doubled or tripled. Add extra ghee if required whereas doubling or tripling the recipe.
- Dry fruits and nuts of your selection may be added. You may chop them and add if you add ghee. If including almonds, then individually roast them first. Chop them after which add if you add raisins.
Atta Laddu | Wheat Ladoo
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 124 Energy from Fats 54
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 4g25%
Polyunsaturated Fats 0.4g
Monounsaturated Fats 2g
Ldl cholesterol 15mg5%
Vitamin A 1IU0%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.1mg7%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.02mg1%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 0.1mg5%
Vitamin C 0.05mg0%
Vitamin E 0.1mg1%
Vitamin Okay 0.3µg0%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 5µg1%
* P.c Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This Atta Laddu recipe from the archives first revealed in July 2016 has been republished and up to date on 6 July 2022.