Aam Panna is a refreshing summer season drink that’s made with uncooked mangoes. It’s candy, bitter, barely spicy and actually packs a punch. It’s additionally nice for digestion and one thing our grandmothers made positive we had each time we’d run out on a scorching afternoon to play.
This summer season is a HOT one, so I’m all about staying hydrated and energized as greatest as I can!
Aam Panna (also referred to as Aam Jhora and Kairi Panha) is the right summer season refresher that I’ve been making on a regular basis now – with uncooked inexperienced mangoes that you simply’ll discover in season presently.
That’s proper – uncooked mangoes. They want love too! We steadiness out their sourness with sugar and spices on this uncooked mango drink, making for a very tasty summer season deal with.
Not solely is Aam Panna scrumptious, additionally it is wealthy in Vitamin C and nice for digestion so you possibly can have it after meals or all through the day.
This drink is paying homage to childhood summers for me. It was the drink my grandmother would have prepared for us at dwelling after we’d come again from enjoying within the solar – and man, do I keep in mind the sensation of that first sip to at the present time! Now, it’s what I make for my household within the scorching afternoons. Actually a recipe that sticks with you through the years!
What goes into Aam Panna
- Uncooked Inexperienced Mangoes (also referred to as Kairi) – These are in season proper now! Use recent kairi as a substitute of dried for this recipe.
- Mint Leaves – These add that *freshness* to the drink!
- Roasted and Powdered Cumin Seeds – Cumin is a cooling agent, so this ingredient provides an additional increase to this hydrating uncooked mango drink. It additionally has a definite taste that, for my part, at all times has a spot in summer season drinks (assume: jeera soda!)
- Salt, Sugar, Kala Namak – To taste the drink and steadiness the sourness of the uncooked mangoes!
- Water – the bottom of this uncooked mango drink!
The way to make Aam Panna
Here is a step-by-step image collage to indicate you the best way to make Aam Panna
1. Add uncooked mango and water to a strain cooker. Cowl the lid and strain cook dinner for 3 whistles on low warmth. Permit the strain to launch naturally.
2. Take away the lid of the strain cooker.
3. Squeeze out the pulp from the mangoes.
4. Discard the pores and skin and seed as soon as all of the pulp is extracted.
5. Add the pulp to a blender together with rock salt, jeera powder, sugar, chilli and mint leaves.
6. Mix to a barely coarse-textured paste and put aside.
7. This focus could be saved within the fridge for as much as 3 weeks
8. Mix water and aam panna focus in a 1:1 ratio – for each 1 cup of focus, you combine 1 cup of water. Mix effectively and function a beverage!
9. Utilizing the identical 1:1 ratio, mix water and aam panna focus. Switch these into popsicle moulds and place within the freezer.
10. Freeze for 4-6 hours or till correctly frozen. Take away from mould when required and serve the popsicles!
Steadily Requested Questions
- What’s aam panna product of?
Aam panna is made utilizing boiled and pureed uncooked inexperienced mangoes, mint leaves, water and spices.
- Is aam panna fermented?
This isn’t a fermented drink – you possibly can eat it instantly after getting ready it!
- Is aam panna good for well being?
Sure, Aam Panna has pure cooling properties, is wealthy in Vitamin C and minerals akin to sodium, magnesium and potassium, and helps regulate the digestive course of – making it a wholesome summer season drink.
- Is aam panna served scorching or chilly?
It’s served chilled, poured over ice for probably the most refreshing expertise.
- How lengthy can I retailer aam panna?
You may retailer the aam panna focus (with out mixing with water) for 2-3 weeks within the fridge
Aam Panna and it’s Cooling Properties
Within the summers, we take away plenty of sodium from the physique by means of sweat. An absence of sodium within the physique can result in coronary heart situations akin to strokes and cardiac arrests. Consuming panna balances the sodium ranges (because the drink is wealthy in electrolytes) within the physique, sustaining good coronary heart well being.
You may drink aam panna as is, or flip them into enjoyable popsicles. The recipe beneath is for an focus which must be diluted with water in a 1:1 ratio. This drink can then be served chilled or crammed in popsicle molds and frozen.
Give this drink a go on the following scorching afternoon and belief me, you’ll really feel refreshed and energized all day lengthy!
Watch the Recipe Video
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Subscribe to my e-newsletter and be the primary to obtain all new recipes!
Aam Panna + Popsicles
Aam Panna is an Indian summer season drink that is made with inexperienced mangoes or uncooked mangoes. It has cooling, digestive properties and has a candy, bitter, tangy, minty flavour that is so so good on a scorching summer season afternoon!
Servings: 8 folks
Aam Panna Beverage and Popsicle
Add uncooked mango and water to a strain cooker. Cowl the lid and strain cook dinner for 3 whistles on low warmth. Permit the strain to launch naturally.
Take away the lid and squeeze out the pulp from the mangoes. Discard the pores and skin and seed as soon as all of the pulp is extracted.
Add the pulp to a blender together with rock salt, jeera powder, sugar, chilli and mint leaves. Mix to a barely coarse-textured paste and put aside. This focus could be saved within the fridge for as much as 3 weeks
Aam Panna Beverage
Mix water and aam panna focus in a 1:1 ratio – for each 1 cup of focus, you combine 1 cup of water.
Mix effectively and function a beverage!
Aam Panna Popsicles
Utilizing the identical 1:1 ratio, mix water and aam panna focus. Switch these into popsicle moulds and place within the freezer.
Freeze for 4-6 hours or till correctly frozen. Take away from mould when required and serve the popsicles!
- If you would like to make this even simpler, peel and minimize the uncooked mango after which strain cook dinner it as described in Step 1. This fashion you will not must take care of the peel or seed later
- Select bitter, uncooked mangoes solely. The riper the mango, the extra totally different the flavour
Energy: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 0.4g | Saturated Fats: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.1g | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 744IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg