MarketWatch rounds up 10 of its most interesting topics over the past week.
1. Smokin’ marijuana stocks’
Move over bitcoin and ilk: Shares of Canadian marijuana companies went through the roof this week after . (.)
Tilray’s stock was up 47% for one week and 70% for September through Thursday, even though the shares were down 18% that day. Early on Friday the shares were down 17%. The ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF — which holds many Canadian marijuana stocks — was up 22% for one week through Thursday.
Here’s a sampling of MarketWatch’s cannabis coverage:
2. What makes investors rush into certain industries or asset classes?
Jeff Reeves explains .
3. Short sellers better be careful of squeezes
Tilray is the poster boy of the short-squeeze right now, . from their bets against Canadian marijuana stocks like Tilray, Canopy Growth Corp and Cronos Group
4. Even more trade-war fears
Tariffs on another $200 billion in Chinese goods start Monday. See the for the status of threatened and imposed tariffs between the U.S., China and other countries.
More trade-war coverage:
5. ’Dumb plodders’ vs. market gurus
Howard Gold has .
6. Victoria’s Secret and dopey marketing
Tonya Garcia explains .
7. A warning for semiconductor stocks
Micron . Here’s what .
More on Micron: ?
8. A 99% rejection rate
A government program to forgive college debt for up to 28,000 borrowers who work in public service is .
9. The link between football and stock-picking
Michael Lombardi, who has worked for three decades for various NFL teams, shares .
10. Cutting carbs to lose weight? Um…
Want more from MarketWatch? Check out our or , and get the latest news, personal finance and investing advice.
Have this weekly roundup sent to your inbox. Subscribe to MarketWatch's free Weekly Roundup newsletter.